Friday, July 1, 2011

Junk Food Binge Averted.

At the end of this long, tiring, and stressful three week work-bender that's been grinding me down (but I do love my work!), I found myself compelled toward emotional eating.  After stopping and realizing that fact, I decided to fill the craving for something... anything.... BAD! (with something good).

My concoction.

RAW CHOCOLATE SHAKE (makes 3 servings)

  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 cups almond milk
  • 1/2 package silken tofu
  • 3 pitted dates
  • 1 tablespoon agave
  • 1/2 cup of almond meal or hazelnut meal
  • 1/4 cup pecans
Blend.

Drink.

Refrigerate remaining and/or feed to husband, sister, and sister's boyfriend. 

Delicious, and it tasted like chocolate ice cream.

Approx. 250 calories if divided into thirds. Sugar free.  Loaded with protein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment