Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blueberry Cobbler, Round 2

Made this blueberry cobbler for a potluck on Saturday night.  This is by far one of the best, and easiest, cobbler recipes I have found.  I veganized it from a non-vegan version found on: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1941,154169-242205,00.html

I'm posting thew original recipe, and I'll put my suibstitutions beside it.


1/2 c. sifted flour - (SUB whole wheat flour, did not sift)
1 tsp. baking powder
8 oz. blueberries
3 tbsp. butter - (SUB Earth Balance)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk - (SUB any type of milk substitute, almond, soy, coconut)
1/4 tsp. salt

Melt butter in 1 to 1 1/2 quart flat baking dish (SUB - just coat the dish with a little butter and mix the rest in with the other stuff). Add fruit. Mix all remaining ingredients and spoon on top of fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. 

(SUB - I actually just threw ALL the ingredients in a bowl, mixed it up, then dumped it in to bake.  I like how the mix gets more evenly distributed around the berries this way).

It was delicious. Berry-ey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment