Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strawberry Shake

Craving a shake, burger, and fries. Totally emotional eating, because I had to go to the dentist and that makes me unhappy. I came inches from stopping at a Wendy's for fries, but resisted because I knew the grease would make me feel icky.  

Strawberry Shake - 437 Calories
  • So Delicious Dairy-Free Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream - 160 Calories per 1/2 cup.  I used 1 cup, so this is 320 calories.  Feeling gluttonous. Usually, I'd only use a 1/2 cup and also a 1/2 cup of soy milk.
  • Silk Vanilla Soy Milk - 1 cup, 90 calories. 
  • 5 Strawberries, about 25 calories. 
Fries - 170 Calories 
  • Alexia Waffle Fries, 170 Calories
Boca Burger, Vegan - between 90-120 calories

Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread - 80 Calories .  I split one slice in half and use it as a bun. 

Total Calories - Between 800-850, allotting for ketchup and mustard. 

Here's what the damage would have been if I were not vegan, and had indulged at Wendy's.

Large Strawberry Frosty - 820 Calories
Medium Fries - 420 Calories
Junior Hamburger (no cheese) - 230 Calories 
Total calories at Wendy's - 1,420

By choosing to prepare this meal at home, using vegan products, I cut the number of calories nearly in half.  

No comments:

Post a Comment