Friday, May 27, 2011

Divine Creamy Garlic Sauce for Pasta or even Salad Dressing

Proud to announce that I created this recipe and submitted it to VegWeb. I think I might make it today. I promise, it's delicious.

Divine Creamy Garlic Sauce for Pasta or even Salad Dressing

Recipe submitted by DandBDisciple, 05/11/11

Divine Creamy Garlic Sauce for Pasta or even Salad Dressing

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

1 cup coconut milk (I use So Delicious, Original)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (you could also use nuts or tofu)
2 tablespoons vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 yellow onion
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 not-chick-n bouillon cube
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons ground flax
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, or to taste
1 tablespoon liquid aminos or soy sauce, to taste
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. In a blender, place coconut milk, water, sunflower seeds, margarine, onion, garlic, garlic paste, vegetable bouillon cube, and not-chik-n bouillon cube; process until creamy.

2. Transfer to medium saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until it starts to bubble and boil.

3. Add nutritional yeast, ground flax seed, parsley, aminos, salt, and pepper; whisk until it thickens, 2 to 4 minutes.


Add as a creamy sauce to pasta or whatever! I found that left over sauce can also make an awesome salad dressing! delicious.

Source of recipe: This recipe was inspired by vegweb user avianrights' "Amazing Creamy Chick'ny Sauce for Anything!" -http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=12058.0I started to put leave my edits to this recipe in the comments, but I had edited it so much that I thought it warranted its own listing.

Makes: 6 servings, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment